Friday, August 08, 2008

Fringe 2008 - Day 9 - An Abbreviated Day of Fringing

So, flying solo again today, and I'm seeing...

4pm
The Gypsy and The General - 3 Sticks - Theatre de la Jeune Lune

A returning favorite. 3 Sticks always does some most unusual physical theater work, creating fantastical worlds out of the oddest circumstances. I’ve been hearing a lot of great buzz about this one, so I’m glad I was finally able to squeeze it onto my schedule. Show page here, video clip here, write-up here

After tonight, just one more performance
Tomorrow - Saturday, August 9th at 7pm

5:30pm
Roofies in the Moccachino - Empty S Productions - Interact Center

One of this year’s top 20. The man is a wizard with words. I’ve already seen a couple of excerpts, so I’m looking forward to finally seeing the whole show. Show page here, video clips here and here, write-up here.

After tonight, just two more performances
Tomorrow, Saturday, August 9th at 10pm
Sunday, August 10th at 5:30pm

7pm
Hey, I’m Talking Murder Here - Rhino Productions - Rarig Proscenium - CLOSING PERFORMANCE

Another returning favorite. Saw these three oddball scripts in development, and I liked them, so I’m curious to see how they all play out in front of an audience. Nice way to end the evening a bit early for me. Show page here, video clip here, write-up here.

After that, I’m off to my co-writer and pal Anne Bertram’s place for a little joint cast party/Fringe celebration for “The Bronze Bitch Flies At Noon” and “Dog Tag” and Theatre Unbound’s Fringe entry this year “Brilliant Traces” while we both have the night off - so I won’t be hitting the 8:30pm and 10pm slots tonight - blasphemous as that sounds coming from me at Fringe time.

Tomorrow and Sunday, two very full days of Fringing ahead, with some mystery slots at the end that I’m still not entirely sure what I’m seeing. More on that in another post.

No comments: