Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Fringe 2010 - Top 10/Top 20 (2010 Edition)

The 2010 edition of my pre-Fringe Top 10 and Top 20 Lists...

If you held a gun to my head and I could only see 10 Fringe shows (that hadn't already been on a previous Top 10 list of mine) they would be...

#1 to #5
- Thinkingaview/CorresponDance (Jeffrey Peterson Dance)
- A Sad Carousel (Pommelhorse)
- O(h) (Casebolt & Smith)
- Missing: the fantastical and true story of my father's disappearance and what I found when I looked for him (Jessica Ferris)
- Can Michael Come Out And Play (Mahmoud Hakima)


#6 to #10
- Yvette (Action Theater Project)
- Open & Affirming Fairy Tales (AWOL Productions)
- Ballad of the Pale Fisherman (Isabel Nelson & Ensemble)
- I Remember You (Jess Dunne and Connor Molloy)
- The First Five Minutes Are Slow (Tamara Ober/Present State Movement)


If you removed that gun from my head and I could see 10 more Fringe shows, they'd be...

#11 to #15
- The Tragedy of Icarus (Joshua Caleb Larson, Suburban Cowboy Productions)
- Grind: The Musical (Theatre Undeclared)
- Sincerity Forever (Arbor Heavy Theatre
- The Squeaky Wheel Squeaks (Squeaky Wheel, Inc.)
- living traces, burning breath (Manhattan Experimental Theater Workshop)


#16 to #20
- The Failed Voyage of the Failed Ororo (Nicholas Clark)
- Naked Yoga (and Other Gay Love Stories) (No More Mr. Nice Gay Theater)
- Skiing On Broken Glass (Still Standing Productions)
- Condoleez's Rites (Tyehimba Leadership Center)
- James T. Wilson (Harold D.)


***********************

And here's a handy index of links for all blog content on the 2010 Fringe!

No comments: