Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Fringe 2005 Ping Pong Ball Awards

The "Wow, Maybe Working Two Jobs Isn't So Bad After All" Award


I've been contacting some Fringers to find out a little more about their shows and among all the newsy and informative emails I received in response, I had a couple that begged off til the weekend. Understandable, I can certainly relate to limited free time issues. The one that put a different perspective on my own daily life included the following apology:

"One thing though: I am writing from Occupied Palestine. I am going to be here/in Israel until friday. Can we defer contact until after this weekend?"

Oh, the old "I'm in Occupied Palestine right now" excuse. If I had a nickel for every time... hey, wait a minute.

The worst I deal with most days is the commute from Minneapolis to St. Paul and back. Makes you think, don't it?

[To see the rest of the Ping Pong Ball Awards, click here.]

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: