Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fringe Achive - 2003 - My (very first) pre-Fringe Top 10

As a first time online babbler about all things Fringe, I needed to figure out a way to get my arms around the more than 150 shows that made up the 2003 Minnesota Fringe Festival. This was such an attempt, and it turned into a bit of a tradition, that grew over time.

If You Put A Gun To My Head...

...or if I was only allowed to see 10 Fringe shows, what would they be, and why?

(and so my pre-Fringe Top 10 was born...)

The full rundown on all that first 10, including...

1. Baseball, Dogs and Motorcycles - Kevin Kling

2. Staggering Toward America - Rip Rekke

3. Voice In Head - The Theatrical Music Company

4. Gilgamesh Iowa - The Ethereal Mutt, Limited

5. The Hobbit - Rhino Productions

6. I Hate This - Bad Epitaph Theater Company

7. Sock Puppet Serenade - Hunter Marionettes

8. Beauty and the Beast - Ballet of the Dolls

9. One Man Hamlet - Theater Inconnu

10. Industrials - Ministry of Cultural Warfare

In addition, I tried out a little series called Friendly Persuasion, in which I talked about other shows who people I knew where participating in, including...

Six Steps - Brent Doyle

Tell Me On A Sunday - Patty Nieman

Buy Me A Mockingbird - Tod Petersen

If You Don't Really Want To Know - Then Don't Ask Me - Kim Hines

Mrs. Cowbeach's Profession - Stuart Holland

3 Way - Filthy Whore Productions

Five Women On A Hill In Spain - Outward Spiral Theatre Company

Cafe Delphi - Nimbus

The Sugardaddy Project - 2 Desperate Chicks

Spring Awakening - Virginia L. Anderson

Marlene Dietrich and Edith Piaf: The Kamikaze and the Chameleon - Kirsten Frantzich and Josette Antomarchi

No comments: