Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fringe Archive - 2003 - Life of a Blogger (and Mom)...

I didn't even know what a blog was when then Executive Director of the Minnesota Fringe Festival Leah Cooper and her trusty web guru Matthew Foster asked if I would do one. The enticement was, of course, to see as many Fringe shows as I wanted to for free, as long as I wrote about them, and the festival. Having been an increasingly addicted Fringe junkie in the early years of the 21st century, this seemed like a dream job.

And then I learned that Mom's annual summer visit was going to coincide with the end of the 2003 Minnesota Fringe Festival, and I knew Mom loved theater as much as I. Why not introduce her to the Fringe?

And so our unofficial blog team and family Fringing tradition began...

Theater of the Evil Penis vs. Theater of the Happy Vagina

Theater of Me

Fringe Tips 1

Fringe Tips 2

Fringe Tips 3

Fringing With Mom

Opening Night - Oh, The Publicity!

Heard Offstage

Racial and Gender Confusion

Tip The Fringe

Community

The Must Avoid List

The Mad Dash

Best of the Fest - an overview of the highlights of the 32 shows I saw

Top 3 From Mom and Me

No comments: