Sunday, July 26, 2020

Fringe 2020 - Virtual Fringe - Nightly Fringe 4 - Sunday, August 2

The end of the first Virtual Fringe weekend, Sunday 8/1, for the Nightly Fringe includes:

In the 7 to 7:30pm slot:

The Mystery of the Gryphon's Ears, from Monster Science Productions

"Reverend Matt's Monster Science - "Part science. Part comedy. All monsters" - is a series of comedy lectures about the broad and fascinating topic of monsters. It has appeared at past MN Fringes with "What To Do In Case Of Dinosaur Attack" and "How To Come Back From The Dead."

I have enjoyed Matthew Kessen's deadpan humor in his monster lecture series.  But thus far, I've only seen bits and pieces, in previews and hosting gigs.  And sadly, last year, a month after my mother died, was not a year for me to try sitting through something titled "How To Come Back From the Dead" (too soon).  Gryphon's ears, though, that I can do.

(No warnings listed; for ages 12 to 15 and up)

In the 8 to 8:30pm slot:

Waiting for Hugs, from Highlander Kitty (OK, now *this* is my favorite new theater company name)

"Three problem actors (Jenna Papke, Mickaylee Shaughnessy, Rob Ward) wait to perform virtually to a church youth group. At least they can't hit each other when in separate zip codes."

I am strangely drawn to this one, even though theater about theater is normally not my thing.  So I'm just gonna go with it.  I could use some inappropriate meta humor, designed for our video conferencing world.

(Warnings: Adult language, Crude humor, Drug content, Sexual content - you know, all the things your want for your church youth group; for ages 16 and up)

And on the we go into the Virtual Fringe week ahead.



No comments: