Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Fringe 2005 Ping Pong Ball Awards

The "Lives of Not So Quiet Desperation" Award


for the Council of Doom Theatre

We were down to the last twenty slots to fill on the main schedule. Over 120 shows names had been called before then.

The ping pong ball with number 11 on it was called and I immediately knew who it was because a young woman next to me yelled "THANK GOD!" in a combination of relief and exhaustion with a set of lungs I would not have given her credit for. Good for them. The play...

THACO
Four men. One dungeon. No electrum pieces. A new comedy by William Stiteler about four men and their love/hate relationship with their own geeky nature.

I'm sure there are some typos in there, but that's all the info I have at the moment. I have no idea what an electrum piece is. Perhaps I have some catching up to do. (After checking their website, apparently I do. It wasn't a typo, it has something to do with role-playing games.)

Congrats on getting in, Doom folk. (Back for the third time, it seems. They like them some Fringe.)

You can check out this and other productions of theirs at their website - www.councilofdoomtheatre.com

[To see the rest of the Ping Pong Ball Awards, click here.]

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: