Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Fringe 2005 Ping Pong Ball Awards

The "Defense of Marriage Award" Award


Tim Claussen - Why Marriage Needs to be Defended from Me

Only two ping pong balls into the larger general lottery drawing, we got...

"A gay academic explains how the GLBT community has successfully destroyed marriage in the past and lays out new strategies for continuing the assault on marriage."

I like a guy who can laugh through the pain - at least I hope he's kidding (irony and/or dry wit doesn't always translate on an application form)

A little Googling and I find he may have been a critic for the local newspapers in the 1990s, but we won't hold that against him. After all, what the heck am I doing in this blog and on my website? Plus, if it is the same guy, he gave my friend Jonathan Rayson a few reviews so good that he still lists them on his website after moving off to the Big Apple to work on Broadway. So the subject and the artist get all kinds of slack from me. I'm actually looking forward to this one, sight unseen.

[To see the rest of the Ping Pong Ball Awards, click here.]

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: