Thursday, July 08, 2004

While You're At It...

...or Shows In A Similar Vein That Are Worth A Look


Charmed and amused by
Whoppers from Kevin Kling?

Try
Delaware and Other Lies
Ari Hoptman
Red Eye

Ari is another storyteller with an unusual sense of humor and whimsy and a long history with the Fringe.

To hear him tell it...

"In some ways, the show will be like previous one-person shows I've done: there will be stories, bad poetry, songs and sketches.

In some ways, it will be different. There will probably be more storytelling than usual. There may even be some short filmed segments. And I may have a guest star or two (still working on that part).

My intention is to make the show all-new, though I may bring back one or two short items that I want to resurrect. I am already trying out new stuff at Balls Cabaret [at the Southern Theatre] and it has been going very well.

For two years (2001-2) I was away from the Fringe,...so it is good to be back."

Like Kevin, Ari is the definition of a great one-person show.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: