Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Fringe 2017 - Day 7 - Wednesday Schedule - 2nd Try In NE Minneapolis

After dropping Mom off at the airport, there’s still Fringing to be done.  Gonna give another shot at seeing A Pickle (this time with a reservation) and also going to finally branch out and try to get around NE Minneapolis to other venues.  First attempt: Ritz to Strike Theater.

First three shows at one stage or the other at the Ritz Theater:

5:30pm - A Pickle - Really Spicy Opera - Ritz Studio

Hopefully second time’s the charm since I’ve got a reservation for this popular little show for tonight.  As I wrote for Sunday’s post when I thought I might get into the show the first time, it’s an entry on this year’s Top 20 list (at #11), which I’ve written about before.  Two performances down, a dozen audience reviews with an average 5 star rating.

7pm - Skins - Collective Unconscious Performance - Ritz MainStage

This one’s another entry from my Top 20 list this year (at #18), which I’ve written about before.  Two performances down, twenty audience reviews with an average 5 star rating.

8:30pm - F@*k the 90s - FurTrader Productions - Ritz Studio

Another from the list of returning favorites who I’ve written about before.  I’m very much looking forward to Mame’s new show (and since it’s in the studio space, I made a reservation just in case.)  Two performances down, more than half a dozen audience reviews with an average 5 star rating.

10pm - Serpentine - Maximum Verbosity - Strike Theater

If the late evening traffic and parking gods are with me, I can hop in the car and get over to Strike in time to catch this returning favorite, which I’ve written about before.  Three performances down, over a dozen audience reviews that are all over the map, but still average out to a four star rating.  Makes me more curious to see it for myself (hope I make the trek in time).

A couple of solo shows (one with a band), a couple of ensemble dramas based on stories from the past.  Should be a nice mix for the night, if all the logistics work out OK.

And here's some handy links to all the 5 star shows, 4-1/2 star shows and 4 star shows I've seen in the Fringe thus far (many of which have performances this evening, one of which closes tonight), plus the full list of pre-Fringe top 10, and 11-20, the rest of the returning favorites, and all the random shout outs in these Top 10/Top 20 posts - links all gathered in a single list to take you to fuller posts and Fringe pages.  Enjoy!

No comments: