Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fringe 2005 - TV Taping - Day 2

Monday, June 20, 2005 - 9:30am

Well, we tried. Rather than have a double booking at the 2 o'clock hour today, some calls were made yesterday afternoon, with the possibility that maybe we'd have a 10am guest today instead.

Came in early, since I took the day off to deal with Fringe stuff one way or the other anyway. Turns out that, despite the phone tag and double-checking, it just wasn't going to work out to shift anyone.

So the new plan was to tape one guest's performance downstairs in the main studio, and then lock down most of the cameras for their interview segment, and while we're recording that second part, upstairs in the mini-studio, the other half of the crew records the performance for the second 2pm guest. Once the first interview is done, the second group comes down for their interview and we're back on track. At least, that's the plan...

So I spent a leisurely hour or so gathering my schedule info together for the Fringe Festival, trying to sort out in some preliminary way what I want to see and how it all stacks up. Because much as I want to see everything, it just isn't physically possible. Decisions will need to be made and the agonizing might as well start early.

SPNN was giving what I think were high schoolers a tour of the place, part of a day-long event, I think (during which I believe they also got a crack at the mini-studio upstairs). So I was in the studio, sitting at the interview table with my laptop cracked open, typing away with a bagel and juice nearby, when they came through. "And this," my producer/friend Carol said, "is a host." (Yes, I live here. They won't let me leave.)

Damn, high school kids look younger and younger every year. Can't somebody stop that?

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: