Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fringe 2008 - The 4th Annual Ping Pong Ball Awards

I cannot express just how much I was aching to blog the last couple of days.

Seems like the Fringe Lottery was forever ago already - well, it's been almost a month, which is forever in Fringe time.

Right after the lottery, I was out the door and headed back east to help my Dad celebrate his 80th birthday.

Sick there, I returned sick, and was out of commission for several days.

Then I was off again to help Mom celebrate her 70th birthday and retirement.

Back again in Minnesota, I was determined not to let the lure of the blog keep me from getting some real writing done - as I'm overdue to get some serious page counts created on three playscript projects.

So I held off til after my writing group meeting tonight, and now, dear blog, here you are.

I'm a little bummed I didn't get more than four pages and some change done on the script I was working on, but I've only been back in town two days, and I was starting from scratch. A few pages a day every day over the next two weeks means I'll have more to show the group next time. The ideas are churning, and the characters are feeling chatty, so that's a good sign.

Meanwhile, I'll allow myself a bit of blogging to break up the routine and get the juices flowing.

Much to dissect and ruminate over in this year's lottery like always, so the fourth annual tongue-in-cheek Ping Pong Balls awards shall now commence.

Completely random, totally subjective, just things that caught my eye, really.

Take 'em for what they're worth. There's a world of change between now and then and if I know the Fringe, it's probably already underway...

Cross posted to www.myspace.com/matthewaeverett and archived on my site www.matthewaeverett.com

No comments: