Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fringe 2019 - an alternate schedule for Thursday, August 1st


My schedule for Fringe on opening night, Thursday, August 1st was almost over in Northeast, rather than the Cedar-Riverside hub.

Looking at the 5:30pm slot across the whole schedule for potential kickoff shows, my eyes at first gravitated to a new queer play:

5:30pm - Moon River - Ritz Studio
(2019 Fringe Top 10, #7 - reasons why)

Then nearby at 7pm I saw another show on my top list of things to see:

7:00pm - Beat. - Crane Theater
(2019 Fringe Top 20, #16 - reasons why)

And at the same venue at 10pm was yet another show I was very interested in:

10:00pm - Nerd Rage! The Great Debates - Crane Theater
(2019 Fringe Top 10, #6 - reasons why)

In between I couldn't find anything nearby that was on the top of my list, but the 8:30pm show at the Crane was a combination of improv and dance, so staying put wasn't a bad idea:

8:30pm - The Provettes - Crane Theater

So if I hadn't be lured over to Cedar-Riverside by a couple of later shows I also really wanted to see, this would have been my Thursday instead.

But this Northeast grouping is also a nice combination of comedy, drama and dance.  Another slate of great options I can recommend, if my own chosen schedule on Thursday doesn't strike your fancy.



For a quick list of links to my other postings, check out my Top 10 and Top 11-20 new Fringe artists to check out for Fringe 2019.  There's also Returning Favorites, and Fringe Shows I Just Can't Watch Right Now, but You Probably Should.  If you want to keep me company, during my first Fringe without Mom, I'll be posting my schedule here.  Also, here's some links if you want to hit all the Fringe 2019 blog posts, or see the full Fringe Archive from years past (just keep scrolling down, or hit the different years in the archive listing for the full blog on the right side of the screen and zero in on July and August)


 

No comments: