Friday, July 26, 2019

Fringe 2019 Top 10 - #6 - Nerd Rage! The Great Debates – Wonder Dave and Komedio Comedy – Crane


Description - The funniest nerds to duke it out about he nerdy stuff you want debated! Batman vs Sailor Moon?! Which Disney Princess wins in a cage match?! Steven Universe vs Adventure Time?! Who makes the better boy band the Ninja Turtles or the Transformers?! It's up to you!

Way back when, when Laura Bidgood and Curt Lund were first hitting the Fringe stages and making a name for themselves, they had a show called Two Queers And A Chubby.  And queer number 2 was Wonder Dave Crady - spoken word artist and storyteller.  I developed a bit of an artistic nerd crush on Wonder Dave, bought some of his poetry, both on the page and recorded.  He moved out west to San Francisco a while back, but it looks like he’s coming for a visit (friends in tow) with this new Fringe show.

Further details from the More Information tab on their Fringe show page:

An evening of interactive comedy debates!  Have a nerdy debate you need settled once and for all? Bring your topics for suggestion! Join some of the nerdiest stand-up comics, writers, and even professional wrestlers for a raucous, no-holds-barred free-for-all, as they debate some of the biggest and hottest topics in all of geekdom. You decide the topics and we debate! All will be settled -- are you ready to rage?

While my brother would probably be a better audience for the nerd debates that make up this show, I’ll still know more than enough to get by.  And I already know I’m going to enjoy the company.  So I’m up for whatever Wonder Dave and his nerdy compatriots are serving.

First show - Thursday, August 1, 2019, 10pm - Crane Theater


For a quick list of links to my other postings, check out my Top 10 and Top 11-20 new Fringe artists to check out for Fringe 2019.  There's also Returning Favorites, and Fringe Shows I Just Can't Watch Right Now, but You Probably Should.  If you want to keep me company, during my first Fringe without Mom, I'll be posting my schedule here.  Also, here's some links if you want to hit all the Fringe 2019 blog posts, or see the full Fringe Archive from years past (just keep scrolling down, or hit the different years in the archive listing for the full blog on the right side of the screen and zero in on July and August)




No comments: