Monday, July 22, 2019

Fringe 2019 Shows I Just Can’t Watch Right Now, but You Probably Should - part 1


Visitation - DangerVision Productions - Crane Theater

Description: Grief is not tidy or well behaved, nor is this show. This creative collaboration explores the grief experience from funny to poetic to painful by mixing performance and video projection

The More Information tab for this show’s page begins, “Loosely set in a funeral home…”

OK, I’m out.

Which is a shame, because there are a lot of writers and performers in this one who I admire the hell out of and who do great work.  A friend involved already helpfully warned me off, not because it’s bad, but because in my current state it’s way too much.

But a show that has writing by, among others, Heather Meyer, Gemma Irish, Sam Landman, Tyler Mills, and Rachel Teagle; and performers like Charles Numrich, Victoria Pyan, Ben Tallen, and Clarence Wethern - damn, I really want to see that.

So I recommend it for you.

Because I can’t right now.

First show - Thursday, August 1, 2019, 5:30pm, Crane Theater



For a quick list of links to my other postings, check out my Top 10 and Top 11-20 new Fringe artists to check out for Fringe 2019.  There's also Returning Favorites, and Fringe Shows I Just Can't Watch Right Now, but You Probably Should.  If you want to keep me company, during my first Fringe without Mom, I'll be posting my schedule here.  Also, here's some links if you want to hit all the Fringe 2019 blog posts, or see the full Fringe Archive from years past (just keep scrolling down, or hit the different years in the archive listing for the full blog on the right side of the screen and zero in on July and August)


No comments: