Monday, July 22, 2019

Fringe 2019 - Top 10 - #1 - A Tension To Detail - Gerard Harris (aka, That’s Enough Drama) - Ritz Mainstage


Description: From last year's Attention Seeker, a faster, funnier & better show about... everything. So if you like things, THIS IS THE SHOW FOR YOU "Reminiscent of Woody Allen in his early 60's standup years" Pioneer Press

I saw Gerard’s show Attention Seeker later in my schedule at last year’s Fringe and didn’t get a chance to write about it.  But I did get a chance to chat with him at Can Can Wonderland on closing night of the festival, which was almost as entertaining as his show - which is to say, very entertaining and very funny.  He promises on this year’s show page that A Tension To Detail will be faster, funnier and better  - a high bar, in my opinion, but one I’m quite sure he can clear.  He’s been lauded on the Fringe and comedy circuit across the UK, Canada and Australia.  Smart, amusing comedy with a British accent.  If you need some high-energy laughter to recharge your batteries, Gerard’s got you covered.  I’m very much looking forward to seeing him on stage again.

Side note: For some reason, a writer at the Pioneer Press last year compared him to Woody Allen in his early 1960s standup days, which, I know was intended as a compliment but… can we just retire Woody Allen alongside Bill Cosby, please?  Ew.

First show - Friday, August 2, 2019, 8:30pm, Ritz Mainstage



For a quick list of links to my other postings, check out my Top 10 and Top 11-20 new Fringe artists to check out for Fringe 2019.  There's also Returning Favorites, and Fringe Shows I Just Can't Watch Right Now, but You Probably Should.  If you want to keep me company, during my first Fringe without Mom, I'll be posting my schedule here.  Also, here's some links if you want to hit all the Fringe 2019 blog posts, or see the full Fringe Archive from years past (just keep scrolling down, or hit the different years in the archive listing for the full blog on the right side of the screen and zero in on July and August)


No comments: