Saturday, August 05, 2023

Fringe 2023 - Day Three Schedule


Here's the rundown for my Fringe Saturday and links to the reasons why:

The whole line-up at Strike Theater today are shows I want to see, so... why not just spend the day there and check a whole bunch of favorites off my list?

2:30pm - Everything Bagel - my returning favorite write-up on Michael Shaeffer

 


4pm - What If We Hugged? - my returning favorite write-up on Comedy Suitcase

 

 

 

 

 


5:30pm - Chris Davis Does Stuff - #4 on my Top 10 list this year

 

 

 

 

 


7pm - The Windblown Cheeks of Lovers - my returning favorite write-up on Mike Fotis

 

 

 

 

 


8:30pm - Fire In My Veins: Blazing Through Life With Invisible Illness - my returning favorite write-up on Allison Broeren

The one wrinkle of the schedule is that Strike has neither a 1pm show nor a 10pm show.

I really don't want to risk being late to the 2:30pm slot at Strike Theater, and I'm not feeling fully confident yet about my Fringe getaway car driving skills to get from the Cedar Riverside hub where the rest of the fest is and out to Strike.  So even though there are a couple of shows at the primary hub at 1pm that are very tempting, I'm going to skip the 1pm slot (sacrilege!) and focus on getting settled in at Strike on time from 2:30pm through 8:30pm slots.

Now, I need to get back the Cedar Riverside area anyway at the end of the night as that's closer to where I live, and given that traffic at 9:30pm is likely to be a bit less challenging, I'm going try and get back and catch a 10pm show.  There's at least a couple of places where I could land with shows I haven't already seen or am not already planning to see on a different day, so I'm not sure about that slot yet, but whatever I decide, I'll give it a try at 10pm.  And if I just miss the curtain, well, I can always head home and get some extra sleep for another long day on Sunday.

UPDATE 8/5 1:15pm - Didn't see this when I first posted this entry, but there's a note on the Fire In My Veins page saying that the two 8:30pm shows, on Saturday today, and again on Thursday, will be 90 minute versions of the show, and the other performances will be the usual 60 minutes so folks can get from one show to the next at perhaps a different venue, and so as not to run into other shows on the Strike schedule.  Since Strike doesn't have 10pm shows, the 8:30pm slot is last for the night and has the ability to run 90 minutes if they want.  So that solves my running around problem.  I get an extra long show at 8:30pm, then I'm done for the day, since I couldn't make a 10pm slot anywhere else anyway.  If you're looking to see it on Thursday, be mindful of the longer run time.  There are shorter versions the other days.

Happy Fringe Saturday, everyone!


Here's some handy links to a rundown of 5 and 4.5 Star shows I've seen this year, also the 4 and 3.5 Star shows, and the rest, plus this year's Top 10 list, and Top 11-20 List, and the full list of all returning favorites in the 2023 Fringe, plus a link to all the 2023 Minnesota Fringe Festival coverage.

No comments: