As a first time online babbler about all things Fringe, I needed to figure out a way to get my arms around the more than 150 shows that made up the 2003 Minnesota Fringe Festival. This was such an attempt, and it turned into a bit of a tradition, that grew over time.
If You Put A Gun To My Head...
...or if I was only allowed to see 10 Fringe shows, what would they be, and why?
(and so my pre-Fringe Top 10 was born...)
The full rundown on all that first 10, including...
1. Baseball, Dogs and Motorcycles - Kevin Kling
2. Staggering Toward America - Rip Rekke
3. Voice In Head - The Theatrical Music Company
4. Gilgamesh Iowa - The Ethereal Mutt, Limited
5. The Hobbit - Rhino Productions
6. I Hate This - Bad Epitaph Theater Company
7. Sock Puppet Serenade - Hunter Marionettes
8. Beauty and the Beast - Ballet of the Dolls
9. One Man Hamlet - Theater Inconnu
10. Industrials - Ministry of Cultural Warfare
In addition, I tried out a little series called Friendly Persuasion, in which I talked about other shows who people I knew where participating in, including...
Six Steps - Brent Doyle
Tell Me On A Sunday - Patty Nieman
Buy Me A Mockingbird - Tod Petersen
If You Don't Really Want To Know - Then Don't Ask Me - Kim Hines
Mrs. Cowbeach's Profession - Stuart Holland
3 Way - Filthy Whore Productions
Five Women On A Hill In Spain - Outward Spiral Theatre Company
Cafe Delphi - Nimbus
The Sugardaddy Project - 2 Desperate Chicks
Spring Awakening - Virginia L. Anderson
Marlene Dietrich and Edith Piaf: The Kamikaze and the Chameleon - Kirsten Frantzich and Josette Antomarchi