Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fringe 2009 - Lottery Day Is Upon Us...

I have to be honest.

Back in November, upon learning that the applications for the 2009 Minnesota Fringe Festival were live online for downloading, filling out and submitting, my first thought was...

"Oh crap."

And upon realizing, in the midst of my February Medea rewriting madness, that the Fringe Lottery was coming up - determining the 150 or so acts that would be on the schedule, and the 200 or 300 or so that would be waiting, patiently or otherwise, on the waiting list to be called up as other acts dropped out - my first thought was...

"Oh crap."

I'm hoping that outlook toward the Fringe changes.

I'll be at the lottery Monday night.

I'm not blogging live on the scene like FringeFamous.

I'm not videotaping for later editing and posting like 3 Minute Egg.

I'll text a couple of friends who can't be there if their ping pong ball makes the cut.

I'll take notes, look the roster over, digest it all, and start posting stuff, just like I always do. No gimmicks, other than Mom, of course, and my typing fingers.

It'll all be here - and there, and around.

I imagine things will immediately start to pique my interest, just like they always do. You can watch my level of involvement start to turn into an obsessive compulsive disorder, just like it always does.

And of course, there'll be Mom's visit and Fringe binge.

So, stay tuned.

And thanks, as always, for readin'

No comments: