Friday, August 7, 2026
#mfringe show 5: Who Am I, Again? - compelling solo show offering insight into life after traumatic brain injury, presented by a survivor, sharing both his own story and those of others he’s encountered in his recovery journey; his teenage dream of being an artist happening after all - 4.5 stars
My Top 10 List write-up on this show
#mfringe show 6: Glengarry Glen Elvis: quite literally an Elvis impersonator inserting his act (songs and all) into a refashioned MN-based version of the Mamet play; if you like either of those things or the mash-up idea, you'll enjoy this; audience was more into the goofy fun than I was - 4 stars
My Returning Favorites write-up on this show
#mnfringe thoughts: normally I write these mini-reviews on the fly between shows but I find I'm spending a lot more time this year talking to folks in line or filing into the theater about shows they've seen, which is nice and more sociable, but is causing delays in posting I'm still getting used to
#mnringe thoughts: got overconfident, didn't look at my schedule last night and ended up at the wrong venue in the middle of my fringing; thankfully it was just Southern vs. Rarig so I had time to get to the right place but... too many variables to keep in my head apparently :)
#mfringe show 7: the statue of liberty is nora in a doll’s house by henrik ibsen: again, exactly what the title says; audience around me enthusiastically losing their minds over the show; I'm the outlier; stellar production values and acting but... why change the ending? still pondering - 4 stars
My Returning Favorites write-up on this show
#mfringe show 8: Good Vibrations: just as deeply weird and queer as I was expecting; audience enjoyed it more than I did; playful, ramshackle execution of an alternate universe slice of Beach Boys music history; one of the better executed Fringe musicals I've seen; still pondering - 4 stars
My Top 10 List write-up on this show
Here's a link to a list of all the coverage of returning favorite artists from past pre-Fringe Top 20 lists of mine that are part of this year's Minnesota Fringe Festival. And here's links to the 2026 versions of my pre-Fringe Top 10 list and Top 11 through 20 for the 2026 festival.




No comments:
Post a Comment