Sunday, November 06, 2022

Why I Voted for Ellison for Attorney General

Polls don't vote. News coverage doesn't vote.  People do.  Get out there and make your voice heard.

Last day of early voting is Monday 11/7.  Last day to vote is Election Day on Tuesday 11/8. 

The Minnesota Secretary of State's website has all the information you need to vote, including how to register on the day you vote, if you haven't already gotten yourself registered.  Minnesota makes it so easy to vote, so please do.

The "What's On My Ballot?" tool shows you everyone running for each office that's on your ballot where you live and vote, and if there are candidate websites, it gives you the link to them to learn more about them.  It's amazingly helpful for doing your homework on who to vote for (and who NOT to vote for).

I voted for Keith Ellison when he was in Congress.

I voted for him when ran the first time for Attorney General.

The main reason I voted for him again is that he built the team and helped shape the strategy that got a conviction against the men in uniform who murdered George Floyd.

It's not justice, but it's a start, and I want him to keep doing that job.

Nothing I've read about his opponent makes me think he'd do any better than Ellison, and might well do worse.

 

No comments: