Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Hidden Gem (first in a series)

[a show that might not be on your radar, but should be...]


Mary Kelley Sunshine Box
In the Heart of the Beast Puppet & Mask Theatre
Presented by Topsy-Turvy Theatre
No Shakespeare. No Scrimshaws. No Seuss. Probably fewer aerials than Cirque du Soleil. Think dark, comic, off-off-off-broadway.
(Genres and warnings: Adult language)

These are the folks that did James Berry: The Reluctant Hangman last year at the Fringe, a show I was quite charmed by.

I haven't a clue what it's about. But it has a cheeky (but not mean-spirited) description and a goofy picture of an elephant on their show page.

I like their work, based on past experience. I'm more than willing to take a chance and squeeze them onto my schedule. And, sight unseen, I recommend them to you as well.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: