Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Our story thus far...

(for those of you just tuning in, clicking on, etc.)

Here are all the shows I've been buzzing about up to now


3 Sure Things (shows from artists on my top ten last year that are back again this year)

Plants and Animals
In Defense of Sin (My Friends' Best Stories)
Whoppers, from Kevin Kling

3 Honorable Mentions (shows I love, because one I wrote and two I'm producing, so objectivity is kind of out the window on these)

Dandelion Snow
Fast Fringe 1 and Fast Fringe 2

The beginnings of The New Top Ten (If You Held A Gun To My Head and I could only see ten fringe shows, what would they be and why):

Death Penalty Puppetry
The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind

While You're At It - other shows that, if you like any of those above, should also be of interest to you:

The Valets (for the Plants and Animals crowd)
Punk Rock Awesome (for the In Defense of Sin crowd)
Delaware, And Other Lies (for the Kevin Kling crowd)
Osama Kincaid, Painter of Terror (for the Death Penalty Puppetry crowd)
Pipes (for the Origin of Consciousness Crowd)

2 Hidden Gems (shows that might not be on your radar, but should be)

Mary Kelley Sunshine Box
Dix

2 shows that are good, so they should be Saved From Their Titles

Boldly Going Nowhere
The Great Masturbators

There's also been coverage of

Fringers of the Future
Shakespearean Fringe
Nude Fringe
Violent Fringe
A Fringe Love Story

That's where we've been - now on to where we're going...

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: