Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fringe 2009 - FFA 2 - 2 Sugars, Room for Cream

"Sometimes I think I'm just gonna be a normal person, and then I just end up horrifying people."

Carolyn Pool and Shanan Wexler

2 Sugars, Room for Cream

No matter how bad things get, there's always coffee. Sometimes there's even wine. Carolyn Pool and Shanan Wexler write and perform "scenes from life, stuff we think is funny." Peter Moore directs.

This is gonna be good, reliable funny times, I can tell.

These ladies (and director Peter Moore) know what they're doing.

It's in the simple things, like those matching brown dresses they were rocking. The matching white chairs and white coffee mug (from set and prop goddess - that's her title - Kris Detailleur). Gives everything a clean consistent look, so you can just forget about it and not be distracted. Smart.

Then, no one does comical long-suffering like Shannan.

And no one does (somehow endearingly) neurotic like Carolyn.

Just look at the video clip at the bottom of the post. You'll see what I mean.

Spending an hour with them at Fringe time is time very well spent.

Now I just need to find a way to wedge them into my schedule along with all the other good stuff.

There is a frightening, and really cool, amount of good stuff out there this year.

It will be, thankfully, very hard to go wrong.

Of course, it will also be easy to miss good things, too. Sigh.

I hope this isn't one of them I miss. It looks like a lot of fun. Check them out.

Their show page

Their Fringe-For-All preview...

No comments: