Friday, July 31, 2009

Fringe 2009 - OOTS - The Gayer Show

"For all you bitches out there doing the math, I'm 43 years old."

The Adventures of Les Kurkendaal and Dan Bernitt

The Gayer Show

from Los Angeles, CA & New York, NY

Coming out is never easy. Come join Les and Dan in the journey that all gay men have to take: the path to acceptance of being gay. You will laugh, you will cry and, in the end, you will love this show.

It's Les and Dan. It's Dan and Les. I'm going. So is Mom. We love these guys.

Two different generations of gay men, culling their respective pasts for humorous anecdotes around the subject of coming out. Sure, you've probably seen it before. But not by these guys. Which is why we're going, Mom and I.

Dan and Les both landed on my radar in 2006. Dan was part of my Top 10 that year for his solo show, Thanks for the Scabies, Jerkface!. Though Les was a regular visiting Fringer in the past, I finally got a chance to see his work, with his solo show that year, Christmas In Bakersfield.

That landed Les on my Top 10 list for 2007, when I took Mom to the remount of Christmas In Bakersfield. Dan took that year off from Minnesota.

Last year, they both were back for Fringe 2008, Les with the charming solo show The Attack of the Big Angry Booty, Dan with a non-autobiographical turn this time, with the powerful solo outing, Phi Alpha Gamma (which he's brought back again this year).

These guys are great storytellers on their own. In tandem, it should be a hell of a lot of fun. A great way to spend a relaxing hour of Fringing. Can't wait.

Their websites - www.facebook.com/pages/LES-KURKENDAAL/38991573192 and www.danbernitt.com

Their show page

And don't forget Dan's solo show, the return of the really great

Phi Alpha Gamma (I saw it twice last year, but I'm tempted to go back again, just to see how it's grown. It's that good.)

No comments: