Monday, July 27, 2009

Fringe 2009 - Top 10 - #6 - Thin Mint

If you held a gun to my head and I could only see 10 Fringe shows, what would they be and why?

#6

The Bakery Theatre Company

Thin Mint

From the creators of AUDISH comes an all new comedy...

Secrets, Sexuality, and the Pinewood Derby. Deep within the darkness of the Chessapeake Hills, a troop's misadventure to scatter the ashes of a fellow scout takes a dangerous turn for the worst when they become entangled with "Thin Mint dealers".


I've talked about this one in the Fringe-For-All coverage, too.

The blurb (much like the one above) which they used at the Fringe Lottery way back when hooked me.

Their preview just reinforced it (see the videos below).

Dylan Frederick (co-author of the script with Anders Nerheim) dropped me a note to say...

"Although it's a comedy, it's also quite dark...a dark comedy...

Without giving anything away, I will say, prepare yourself for anything when you come to see the show. It's crazy, It's funny, it's gross, it's mysterious, it's absurd but most of all, it's downright delicious.

After producing Audish, we knew we wanted to do more play creation. We took everything we learned from Audish (and believe me, it was quite the learning experience) and applied it to another project. This time, we wanted something a little more plot driven than last years. We've definitely accomplished this goal. If you miss even a second of this piece (walking in late is no good), you'll probably be a bit confused. Every moment counts in this one...oh boy..."

At this point, I'm just counting the days.

Heh heh.

Peruse, and you, too, may be seduced by this band of twisted boy scouts.

(Wow, I totally just ended up on NAMBLA's mailing list, didn't I?

Damn you, Fringe!)

Their website

Their show page

Their video trailer



Their Fringe-For-All preview

No comments: