Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fringe 2009 - OOTS - Tech Support The Musical

"If you're calling in a favor, press 4 now. If you suspect foul play, dial M for Murder."

Boll & Hertel Productions

Tech Support - The Musical

from Eau Claire, WI

A deceptive company, clueless customer service representatives, and one angry caller make for a roaring good time in this original musical comedy written by UW-Eau Claire alumni Adam Boll and Josh Hertel.

When Carl Rogers' high-tech refrigerator malfunctions, he calls the manufacturer for help and is plunged into a world of frustration as he is transferred from one phone operator to another. He endures endless hold music and butchered variations of the English language - not to mention the pointed sarcasm of his unsympathetic wife - until the inevitable explosion occurs.

Tech Support: The Musical will strike a chord with anyone who has ever called for help and wished they hadn't. It's fast, it's funny, and it's much shorter than your average tech support call!


This was a decent way to kick off the Out of Towner Showcase (OOTS), but honestly, I'm not the audience for this one. You can check the video trailer below and their website and know pretty quickly if it's for you. I answer the phone in both my day jobs, so I have less than no desire to sit in the theater watching someone else's frustrating phone calls, or misadventures in customer service. Ninety percent of the reason I don't answer the phone at home is that if I just pick up when it rings, I'm going to answer it as if I was at work, and that just confuses the hell out of me and everyone else. Both performers in this were fine, the script was clever. Just not for me.

Their website - www.bollandhertel.com

Their show page

Their video trailer

No comments: