Friday, August 11, 2023

Fringe 2023 - Day Nine Schedule


Here's the rundown for my Fringe Friday and links to the reasons why:

5:30pm - "Starved": The Astonishing True Story of the University of Minnesota Starvation Experiment - my write-up on their Fringe preview

Then I'm going to make my first genuine attempt this Fringe season to get across town from one venue to another between shows.  I haven't gotten to the Phoenix Theater yet to see any of their offerings, so today's the today to try and rectify that.  "Starved" is at Augsburg Mainstage so I scouted out some nearby parking options in order to hop in my car quickly and head off to the Phoenix right after the show is over. I'm familiar with parking options over near the Phoenix, so with luck, I'll make the next show time.  If I just miss it, the upside to the Phoenix is that they have their own drinks and snacks for sale and a nice seating area in the lobby, so I can wait out the next show comfortably, because I'm planning on staying for the triple feature of one person shows under the name of "Phoenix Presents."


7pm - Phoenix Presents - Slices - Brian Watson-Jones - my returning favorite write-up on Brian and Scot

8:30pm - Phoenix Presents - How to Kill a Horse! - Rob Ward (part of the same three play option)

10pm - Phoenix Presents - Aging In An Age of Change - Scot Froelich - my returning favorite write-up on Brian and Scot

UPDATE: Got a message (and it was also in the Fringe's daily newsletter) that, sadly, Scot Froelich is sick and had to cancel this performance as well as tomorrow's (sigh)


So I decided to try driving back to Augsburg again (successful commute both ways) and saw:

10pm - Uncle Walt - #15 on my Top 20 list this year


Here's some handy links to a rundown of 5 and 4.5 Star shows I've seen this year, also the 4 and 3.5 Star shows, and the rest, plus this year's Top 10 list, and Top 11-20 List, and the full list of all returning favorites in the 2023 Fringe, plus a link to all the 2023 Minnesota Fringe Festival coverage.

 

 

No comments: