Sunday, August 01, 2004

The Amazing Fringe Race

My Fringe Calendar


Ah, Fringe scheduling. What exquisite agony.

My Baby

Well, first off, five slots are off limits. I'm going to be seeing every one of the performances of my play, Dandelion Snow, as both cheerleader for the cast and student of audience response for future rewrites

So, if you've got a show at:

Saturday August 7, 2004 - 8:30pm
Wednesday August 11, 2004 - 2:30pm
Thursday August 12, 2004 - 5:30pm
Friday August 13, 2004 - 8:30pm
Saturday August 14, 2004 - 4pm

I'll be warming a seat over in the MCTC Whitney Mainstage at those times. Apologies.

My Mom

Friday and Saturday I'm doing some special scheduling, because Mom is in town to see my show (which she refers to as the latest in a string o grandchildren I have provided her with, sprung full grown from my head, rather than my loins). She's got her running shoes on, her hand is out of that cast finally, and she's got that new knee to work out (plus, because of said bum knee, she has a handicapped sign for the rear view mirror, which [selfishly I ponder] should help with parking.)

No need to shield Mom and take her to only family friendly fare however. She's up for anything. And not shy about sharing her opinions, so I'll be calling upon her to help embellish my opening weekend reviews.

My Oh My

When I said yes to helping produce the Fast Fringe 1: The Agony and Fast Fringe 2: The Ecstasy, I really had no idea how much of my life that would consume. The product, I think, has been well worth it, but judge for yourself.

One last little bit of my life it will consume is actually attending a real live, honest to gosh performance with an audience and lights and stuff. So, if you have a show...

Sunday, August 8, 2004
- 1pm, Fast Fringe 2
- 2:30pm, Fast Fringe 1

I'll be warming a seat in the Loring Playhouse, strictly as cheerleader - these are other people's playlets I'm producing. They get to be nervous. I can just watch. The actors and director are amazing and the Fringe tech gurus equally so, and thus I'm not nervous.

My Sharona

Performing monkey time!

In exchange for my friend, fellow playwright and producer Roy Close bringing his summer theatre class of Fringe-goers to a performance of Dandelion Snow, I will be attending said class as Exhibit P (for playwright). "Normally, playwrights live in the shadows. But we have coaxed one out into the harsh light of the public eye, so that you may pepper him with questions about the black arts involved in writing dialogue."

So if you have a show in the Wednesday, August 11th slots of either 7pm or 8:30pm, I'll be elsewhere, singing for my supper (or attendance boosters, as the case may be).

My, Look At The Time

90 minute shows.

I love 'em, but they present some logistical challenges.

For instance, if you go to a 6pm 90-minute show - 5:30pm and 7pm shows are lost to you on either side.

There are at least two 90-minute shows I can think of right off the top of my head that I'm definitely going to see - Metamorphoses, and Plants and Animals.

So, whenever I see them, they're going to each knock two other potential slots to see shows out of the running.

So, let's see how it all works out this year...

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: