Monday, August 02, 2004

My Fringe (and Mom's) for Friday, August 6th

Well, some tough decisions had to be made, but here it is. I wanted to give Mom a little variety, so that was the guiding rule, along with cramming in as many of my Top Tens, While You're At Its, Sure Things, or Hidden Gems as possible.

I'm taking a half day at work. Mom gets in on a flight shortly after 1pm. When I told her there was a 2:30 show, she was giddy with Fringe excitement. So off we go to

2:30pm
This Love Train Is Unstoppable and I Am The Conductor
Inept Productions at
Jungle Theater

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this Hidden Gem or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule)

There are a couple of 4pm shows, but I want to get Mom settled in and get her some food. Gotta keep our energy up for the night ahead.

Just down the block from my apartment, doing the first of only two performances (Friday 8/6 and Saturday 8/7), so we have to see it now is...

5:30pm
Dix
Terra Icognita at
Woman's Club of Minneapolis

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this Hidden Gem or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule)

Then we hop in the car and make a mad dash from Loring Park over to the north Minneapolis warehouse distrcit for...

7pm
The Judas Cradle
Aspect I Studios at
Interact Center for Visual and Performing Arts

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my Top Ten or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule)

Then back into the car and back to my neighborhood and Loring Park for...

8:30pm
The Valets
Outward Spiral Theatre Company at
Loring Playhouse

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my "While You're At It" category or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or their website)

Then a stroll around the corner to the site of a hopefully successful run for my show Dandelion Snow. However, tonight belongs to...

10pm
Whiskey Bars
Big Empty Barn Productions at
MCTC Whitney Mainstage

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my "While You're At It" category or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or its web page)

And finally, what Fringe with Ma would be complete without...

11:20pm
Look Ma, No Pants
Scrimshaw Brothers
Loring Playhouse

(you really didn't think I was kidding, did you?)

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my "While You're At It" category or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule)

And then I can let Mom sleep off all that theater while I get started on blogging about those six shows. Heh, heh, the Fringe has begun.

On to Mom's crash course Fringe, Day 2.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: