Saturday, August 07, 2004

Fringe Time Management and other stories...

Here's the thing about scheduling yourself back to back all day long. It's great for seeing a lot of shows. It doesn't leave you any time to really blog, or, oh, say, eat.

Just to let you know my Mom's not a pushover - after one of the six shows we saw last night she turned to me and said, "Don't quote me on this, but what was the point of that?" in a tone of voice that clearly implied, "Well, that's an hour of my life I won't be getting back."

Since I did quote her, the show itself shall remain nameless. However, you can see from where I might have inherited some of my critical faculties. And you can see that a compliment or a rave from her has to be earned. Even by me. There's "proud mother mode" and then there's "you might want to look at this for the next rewrite" or "explain this to me because I'm not getting it."

That's why she's fun to Fringe with - and also because she just gets a kick out of how decadent it is to see even one theatre production a day, much less six pretty much back to back.

Also, she checked her pants at Look Ma, No Pants - which may be, according to Joseph Scrimshaw, the record for most chronologically mature woman to doff her pants for that show.

But it also means we have to get something akin to a decent night's sleep (Scrimshaws let out about 1:30am - we just got up about 7am) and breakfast. So, after breaking fast, I shall return with the rundown on last night's festivties.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: