Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Fringe for Tuesday, August 10th

Still behind, but not as much, so this afternoon before the shows start I should hopefully get it all back up to speed. Then, barring traffic, another full evening of theatre...

5:30pm
The Swimmer
Anne Dimock at
Acadia Cafe

[Actuallly, I've been quite torn between this or Goats for today's schedule - and went back and forth a number of times - but I decided to catch this now because it's a little closer to my next destination, and see Goats on another day. If you're waffling like I was, each should be a very good show. So see both. I plan to. That clone of me just isn't out of the shop yet so I had to go ahead and choose for this evening.]

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this entry in my While You're At It... category, or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule.)

[And here's the link for Goats - just in case.]

7:00pm
U Betcha! eX-posed!
Hamel Road Theatre Project at
Intermedia Arts

Yes, from cancer survivors to boy bands. I'm a sick puppy.

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this Guilty Pleasure category, or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule.)

8:30pm
The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind
Claire Simonson at
Intermedia Arts

I've seen an excerpt of this what was great fun and wildly inventive. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this entry in my Top Ten, or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule.)

10:00pm
Patrick and James: A Love Story
The Artsty Guy at
Interact Center for Visual and Performing Arts

(Just added this one as the final entry on my personal Top Ten list, so you can probably just scroll down. Or you can click on the following for my thoughts on this entry in my Top Ten, or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule.)

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: