If You Held A Gun To My Head...
...or, if I could only see ten Fringe shows, what would they be and why?
A complete rundown on all ten, which are...
1. Chamleon Theatre Circle - Death Penalty Puppetry
2. Claire Simonson - The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind
3. The Mayasphere Project - Metamorphoses
4. Brown Bee Productions - Philosophy: The Music of Ben Folds
5. Aspect I Studios - The Judas Cradle
6. Theatre Latte Da - Knock!
7. Ammala Dance & Music - On The Beaded Fringe 2: Traveling In Hip Circles
8. Five Man Job - Improv A Go-Go: Deathmatch
9. Tim Uren - 10,000 Comic Books
10. The Artsy Guy - Patrick and James: A Love Story
Plus a list of the shows that would be next in line, including...
1. Ari Hoptman - Delware and Other Lies
2. Ferrari McSpeedy - Punk Rock Awesome
3. Outward Spiral Theatre - The Valets
4. Tom Cassidy - Osama Kincaid, Painter of Terror
5. Skewed Visions - Pipes
6. Maximum Verbosity - Lokasena
7. Gaydar Productions - EAT! A Generous Buffet of the Karen Carpenter Songbook
8. Teatro del Pueblo - Tequila
9. Infinity Star Productions - VISION'S TALE: Curse of the Machine / Cycles of Social Haunting / Birth of Vision
10. Big Empty Barn Productions - Whiskey Bars
11. Heidi Arneson - The Queen of Block E
12. The Scrimshaw Brothers - Look Ma, No Pants, The Last One
13. Joseph Scrimshaw - Jack and Ben's 10th Annual Bar Crawl and Moveable Feast
14. Anne Dimmock - The Swimmer
15. Illusion Theatre/Brent Doyle - Six Steps Part Deux
16. Unitard - KBYE Now News Hour
17. Two Time Theatre Company - A Superhero Story
Plus some Hidden Gems, shows that might not be on your radar but should be, including...
1. Topsy-Turvy Theatre - Mary Kelley Sunshine Box
2. Terra Icognita - Dix
3. Inept Productions - This Love Train Is Unstoppable and I Am the Conductor
4. Illusion Theatre - Funeral Director's Wife
5. Alan Berks - Goats
6. Walking Shadow - Lives of the Most Notorious Highwaymen
7. Lost In The Cove Productions - Sonata Blue
8. Rough Magic Performance Company - Spoonface Steinberg
And a Guilty Pleasure I probably shouldn't be attracted to, but can't help myself...
U Betcha! eX-posed! - Hamel Road Theatre Project
Also, there were some welcome returnees from the 2003 pre-Fringe Top 10 list, including Mom, and the early buzz on these sure things...
Plants and Animals - Scot Augustson of Seattle, WA
In Defense of Sin (My Friends' Best Stories) - Ministry of Cultural Warfare
Whoppers - Kevin Kling