Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Writing Challenge - Write A Bad Play


Challenge: Gosh, you're a terrible writer. No. Really. Total hack job. The WORST.
...but I say, own it.
Write a bad play. No, not just a bad play, the WORST play.
Nope! I know what your'e thinking- worse than that. C'mon, you've seen bad theater. You know bad writing. You're an expert. You can do this. I know you have it in you. I've seen you're work. You're terrible.
(wink!)


(INSTEAD OF A TITLE - CAN YOU APOLOGIZE FOR A PLAY BEFORE YOU EVEN WRITE IT?  I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD APOLOGIZE JUST FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS PLAY.)

                          BETTY confronts BOB.

                          BETTY
And just where do you think you’re going, Bob?

                          BOB
Well, Betty, as you know, I am your husband’s gay lover.  I have been for three years.

                          BETTY
But my husband, Bill, and I have only been married for two.

                          BOB
Clearly you were never able to give him what I can give him.

                          BETTY
A cock up the ass.

                          BOB
Not to mention a decent blow job.

                          BETTY
It’s all about the penis, isn’t it?

                          BOB
We shouldn’t forget a good hand job.  You’re apparently horrible at that as well.

                          BETTY
Penis, penis, penis.

                          BOB
Your husband loves my penis.

                          BETTY
Well, he could marry your penis.  It’s legal now.  Why doesn’t he?

                          BOB
He pities you.  He wonders what would happen if he ever left you.

                          BETTY
You tell him he can keep his pity.

                          BOB
Tell him yourself.  He’ll be here any minute.

                          BETTY
You arranged for us all to meet?

                          BOB
It’s time we had this out.

                          BETTY
Well, since it’s probably the last time I’ll see either of you, and good riddance, let me see it.

                          BOB
See what?

                          BETTY
Your magical gay penis.  Whip it out.  Let me see the wonder cock that ruined my marriage.

                          BOB
This schlong of mine means that your marriage was beyond ruining to begin with.  My dong means your marriage was nothing but a hopeless joke from the start.

                          BETTY
C’mon!  Let me see it then.

                          BOB
You sad little woman.

BOB gets out his penis.

BETTY whips out a carving knife and cuts off BOB’s penis.

BOB collapses to the floor, bleeding in agony.

BETTY examines the bloody penis in her hand.

                          BETTY
Hmm… doesn’t look like much.

                          BOB
You bitch!

                          BETTY
Who’s a hopeless joke now, bitch?  Have fun bleeding to death.

                          BOB
You’re not even going to call an ambulance.

                          BETTY
So they can reattach your marriage-killing abomination of a penis?  Not a chance.

                          BOB
At least get down here so I can give you a proper goodbye.

                          BETTY
Oh, you want to tell me how much you hate me to my face while you flop around on the floor in a pool of your own blood?

                          BOB
You know me well.

                          BETTY
Sure.  What the hell.  Your words can’t hurt me now.

BETTY leans down.

BOB grabs the knife and stabs BETTY repeatedly.

                          BOB
Die, cunt, die!

                          BETTY
Killed by a fag!

                          BOB
At least I’ll save Bill and his wonderful penis from you!

                          BETTY
Bill, my husband, deserves to be alone.  He deserves both of us dead.  He deserves to know he caused it all.

                          BOB
Now he can go out and find a man to make him happy, free of your arms around his neck.

                          BETTY
Or he can start again and get it right with a woman in the first place.

                          BOB
Nice knowing you, bitch.

                          BETTY
Rot in hell, cockless wonder fag!

BOB dies.

BILL enters.

                          BILL
My wife!  My lover!  What have you done!

                          BETTY
Bob, your gay lover, is dead.  I hacked off his penis, and then he stabbed me in the gut.

                          BILL
At least he didn’t damage your tiny black heart.

                          BETTY
You both cut my heart out of my chest years ago.

                          BILL
I can’t save my gay lover Bob, but I could still save you.

                          BETTY
Why would you want to?

                          BILL
Rest.  I’ll get you help.

                          BETTY
Bill, you do care.

                          BILL
I’m calling my friend Doctor Brad right now.

                          BETTY
Brad, the plastic surgeon.

                          BILL
The very one.  Hush.  Rest now.

                          BETTY passes out.

                          BILL (cont’d)
Oh Bob, my gay lover, forgive me.
I can’t save you.
But I can save your wonderful penis.

                          BILL grabs the penis.

                          BILL (cont’d)
Our gay surgeon friend Brad will be more than happy to attach your penis to my homicidal wife.
Then I can finally bring your penis into our marriage.
On the surface, we’ll be a normal couple.
But at night when we have sex, it will be you inside me again, not her.
She deserves to be the freak she always feared.
And your cock will live on!

                          THE END

                          I’m so sorry.

No comments: