Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Fringe 2020 - Virtual Fringe - Nightly Fringe - Uh... what happened to the diversity?


I'm not gonna lie, I got to the end of this Nightly Fringe roster and was suddenly struck by the thought, "Wow, on the surface, other than the night of the fundraiser, a lot of this is really white."    When I get to see some of the casts I'm unfamiliar with onscreen, that may help balance things out a bit, but right now...

Time to hop on over to peruse the press info I have on the digital hub, see if the diversity ratio improves any.  Fingers crossed. 

I mean, I know that the whole situation in the world at large is crazy right now, and this isn't a traditional Fringe with a lottery, etc.

But if the default for content in times of stress is this Caucasian

[however much, again, I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy it],

we obviously have a lot more work to do.

No comments: