Tuesday, July 29, 2003

A Fringe Schedule Only A Mother Could Love, Part 2 of 2

or is it, *Even* a Mother Could Love?

Mom at the Minneapolis Fringe, Day 2

Sunday, August 10th

Well, she's had an easy first day to settle in. She's gotten a decent night's sleep. We've had a chance to sit and chat a bit. Now it's off to the races. We got us some theatre to see before the weekend, and the 10th Annual Fringe, is over...

Grab some lunch *and* some theater at

12noon
Bryant Lake Bowl
Staggering Toward America

For all the reasons stated before (If You Held A Gun To My Head #2, 7/10/03), I'm really looking forward to this one. And I got my bleeding heart liberal genes from Mom's side of the family, so she's up for a journey through post 9/11 America.

2pm
Red Eye
I Hate This

OK, it's tight. The noon show is 90 minutes, but it's not that far to drive, there's a school parking lot right down the block from Red Eye, and mom got that bad knee replaced over Christmas, so we should be able to make it. And it says a lot about my mom that I think she's also up for back-to-back, one-man, 90-minute shows - this second one about the playwright/performer's life after the still birth of his child. (for more, see If You Held A Gun to My Head #6, 7/19/03)

Time off for good behavior downtown to get a bite to eat, then...

5:30pm
Hey City Theater, downstairs
Baseball, Dogs and Motorcycles

My mom can't miss Kevin Kling. And neither can I. (If You Held A Gun To My Head #1, 7/7/03)

Then just a couple of blocks further downtown to...

7pm
Illusion Theater
Tell Me On A Sunday

With the right set of vocal chords, even (shudder) Andrew Lloyd Webber can be beautiful. Patty Nieman has those vocal chords. (Friendly Persuasion #1, 7/13/03)

8:30pm
Illusion Theater
Buy Me A Mockingbird

After a long day of one-person shows, my mom deserves to end her Fringe experience with some laughter and music. Tod Petersen, take us home. (Friendly Persuasion #1, 7/13/03)

And mom's whirlwind tour of Twin Cities' theater is complete.

Farewell, fellow Fringers.

On to binge at the movie theaters, Mom!

No comments: