Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Opening Weekend Schedule, Part 1

Friday, August 1, 2003

In a strange position. Having scheduled six of my top ten at the far end of the Fest to see with my mom, I'm not seeing any of the remaining four, nor any of my friend's shows in the lineup. Hmmm...

Also, I work a day job in St. Paul. No way I'm making a 5:30 or even 6pm curtain time.

So we're looking at 7pm. And the rest of the evening.

It's been a long week already and it's only Wednesday. I'd prefer to stay close to home.

Aha.

It's a Minneapolis Theater Garage night!

7pm - Selling Blood
8:30pm - Exposure
11:20pm - Voice In Head

Selling Blood made the cut because
1) it's a remount
2) it's from England
3) the theater company doing it has won their fair share of acclaim - it's probably not comedy, but it won't be dull

Exposure
some dance, some attractive manflesh, it starts right after the other one in the same venue so I don't have to start running around right away - sold (OK, I'm Curious #2, 7/24/2003)

My apartment's close enough that I can go home, do some other things that need doing, and then go back to close out the night with...

Voice in Head
the last minute casting high-wire act aspect of it all has me intrigued - again, sure to not be dull, plus there's puppets, what's not to like - and I get in a top ten show after all on opening night (so it was a long week, I can sleep in tomorrow) (If You Put A Gun To My Head #3, 7/13/2003)

No comments: