Thursday, July 31, 2003

Work Week Fringe - Monday

August 4, 2003

7pm
The Hobbit
MCTC Whitney Mainstage

A three man, one dragon puppet extravaganza in the Tolkien tradition. If that doesn't get me out of my workaday funk, nothing will. And my top ten tour (sans Mom on the weekend) is nearly complete (If You Held A Gun To My Head #5, 7/19/2003)

8:30pm
The Art of Ruth Draper
MCTC Whitney Studio

Right next door, same building. I haven't talked about this one before, but the monologues of Ruth Draper were revered by my actress friends as far back as my undergraduate college days. Even Kevin Kling mentioned recently that he loves these stories, and seeks them out, trying to complete his own personal collection of the scripts. In the hands of an actress who's done it before, directed by a respected local actor. Can't be a bad way to spend an hour.

10pm
Medea
Minneapolis Theater Garage

Well, it's one way to purge some pent-up day job rage, right? It's another award-winning company from England. A classic script. Heavy sledding? Sure. But I don't go to the Fringe exclusively for puppets and naked gay guys. Besides, my life will seem light and airy by comparison after this one.

No comments: