Monday, August 16, 2004

Fringe Day 6, Part 2 - August 11, 2004, 4:00pm

Philosophy: The Music of Ben Folds
Brown Bee Productions
Loring Playhouse

Couldn't resist a return trip, and I brought one of the actors from my show along with me. He was a good test subject because he wasn't really familiar with Ben Folds' music. The sound issues were more under control this time, but my friend still couldn't make out a lot of what two of the singers were saying. We both could agree that the guy on piano was both a skillful keyboardist and the clearest of the songbirds as well (which is good, seeing as he's a voice teacher).

Though I wish I could have fully shared my enthusiasm with my friend, I still had a great time, even better than the first go round.

It made me go home and dig out my Ben Folds' CDs, which I've been playing ever since. Now to go online and perhaps update my collection for my birthday. After all, Ben Folds is a potent muse for me, and my writing needs all the help it can get in the coming weeks.

Thanks for another good show (and the inspiration), guys.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: