Thursday, August 12, 2004

Getting The Word Out

Those of you who came looking for my full reviews of

The 7 Project
In Defense of Sin (My Friends' Best Stories)
The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind
Patrick and James: A Love Story
The Swimmer
U Betcha! eX-posed!

They're coming. I just figured it was more important to try and get the little reviews on the show pages, which people are more likely to see when they're browsing for shows, in the pipeline to be posted. I'd been waiting to post the little ones until I had something more substantial here, but I'm a little backed up. And we're beyond the halfway point now, and some shows can use all the boost they can get to help draw in the audiences they deserve.

The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind
is so very, very good. Funny and tender and extremely clever in its use of cameras, projection, and drawing/animation. And yet there were only about 14 people in the audience when I saw it. Since that has a 10pm show tonight, I'm hitting it first when I get my afternoon break from the day job. See this show, it's delightful. Don't let the title put you off.

Patrick and James: A Love Story, The Swimmer and U Betcha all have their next show Friday.

The 7 Project has its next show Saturday.

So I'll be hitting them in that order.

And does In Defense of Sin really need any help from me? I will sing their praises nonetheless, but after I get a plug in for the scrappier shows. (I hope Mr. Foster understands).

More soon.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: