Monday, August 09, 2004

My Fringe for Monday, August 9th

Phew. So behind. Fringe fatigue has set in. Not that I don't love theatre, but my body isn't keeping up very well with my mind's appetite.

Thankfully, I'm taking half days at the day job this week. And my first show this evening isn't until...

6:00pm
Metamorphoses
The Mayasphere Project at
Bryant Lake Bowl

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this entry in My Top Ten or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit their website to learn more)

That 90-minute show, fortuately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, knocks out the possible of the slate of 5:30pm or 7pm shows, but that just goes to show how much I want to see it. And I could probably use the breathing room. Next up...

8:30pm
Women! Live On Stage!
Theatre Unbound at
Minneapolis Theatre Garage

(I have been meaning to talk about my friends at Unbound, so that's my next entry, since tonight's the night. Go visit their Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit their website to learn more.)

Last watch of the night goes to...

10:00pm
The 7 Project
Red Dilemma at
Intermedia Arts

(Here's another one I've been meaning to talk about, since I've been chatting with the creators and they've been very good about feeding me gossip. I've mentioned them in passing when discussing the nudity and violence warnings, but it's high time I talked about why this one floats to the top over the others I might be seeing at the time. Go visit their Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - and if you need more convincing, I'll try to provide some in my next entry.)

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: