Thursday, August 05, 2004

My Fringe (and Mom's) for Saturday, August 7th

Wow. That sucked. Sorry for the delay, everyone. I meant to be blogging my little heart out most of the afternoon already but there was a theatre-related fire (metaphorical, but nonetheless important) that needed to be put out. Done now. On we go...

Mom's second and final day at the Fringe. Now that she's had an night to rest up from her travels, time for more marathon theatre fun before she flies back on Sunday.

We can walk to the first venue but after that it's my car's personal attack on the ozone layer as we zip back and forth across Minneapolis like we were in some giant Fringe-sized, live-action pinball machine.

1:00pm
Death Penalty Puppetry
Chameleon Theatre Circle at
Loring Playhouse

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this entry from my Top Ten or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit their website to learn more)

2:30pm
The Lives of the Most Notorious Highwaymen
Walking Shadow at
Minneapolis Theatre Garage

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this Hidden Gem or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule)

4:00pm
10,000 Comic Books
Tim Uren at
Brave New Workshop

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this entry from my Top Ten or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit his website to learn more)

5:30pm
Mary Kelley Sunshine Box
Topsy-Turvy Theatre at
In The Heart of the Beast Puppet & Mask Theatre

(Click on the following for my thoughts on this Hidden Gem or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule)

7pm
Improv A Go-Go: Deathmatch
Five Man Job at
Brave New Workshop Theatre

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my Top Ten or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit their website to learn more)

and then, of course, the reason Mom bought the plane ticket in the first place - my opening night (well, the first of three, technically...)

8:30pm
Dandelion Snow
Out On Stage Productions at
MCTC Whitney Mainstage

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my Honorable Mentions category or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit my website and have a look around)

Then one last hop in the car to cap off the night with...

10pm
VISION'S TALE: Curse of the Machine/Cycles of Social Haunting/Birth of Vision
Infinity Star Productions at
CalibanCo Theatre

(Click on the following for my thoughts this entry from my While You're At It category or its Fringe page - so you can add it to your schedule - or visit their website)

I'm tempted to drag Mom out to Fringe Central at Hennepin Stages downtown, but I did Look Ma, No Pants last night so she could get a good night's rest tonight before I have to drop her off at the airport in the morning on Sunday. We'll see how we feel. Maybe Fringe Central happens after Look Ma on Friday night.

Then I'm off for Fringe Day 3, solo.

(For more of my writing - plays, past blog entries and more - visit www.matthewaeverett.com)

No comments: