Thursday, July 24, 2003

Despair

Just the briefest skim of the blogs of other Extraordinary Fringers in the League convinces me that I am, most probably, the dullest of the bloggers.

Useful, perhaps. But definitely "Fringing for Dummies" rather than the quotable Dorothy Parker.

In fact someone was just gushing about my blog recently, which was nice until I realized they were talking about Matthew Foster's blog, not mine.

Sigh.

I think I like theater too much to be publicly nasty.

In order to be amusing, perhaps I should adopt more of the attitude of the old guys, Statler and Waldorf, in the balcony on The Muppet Show.

To this day, one of the best movie reviews I've ever heard was Statler and Waldorf's assessment of the first Muppet Movie.

"I've seen DETERGENTS that leave better film than this!"

Perhaps I should get out the carving knives. We shall see. I'd rather just go see theater.

Oh well. It's not easy being green.

No comments: