Friday, July 25, 2003

Fringing With My Mom

My mom's coming to visit the second weekend of the Fringe, arriving (sometime) Saturday afternoon on August 9th.

For some people, this would help narrow things down scheduling wise. (Uh oh, mom's here, better look up those Family Friendly Fringe shows)

However, my mom is up for anything.

My mom would probably love "3 Way." After all, I can sadly say with a fair amount of certainty that it's probably the first time in a long while that either of us has seen a naked man up close and personal. Sigh. At least we can go out and comiserate over ice cream together afterwards.

Plus, there's a side of me that would take great glee in walking up to the actors I know in that show and saying, "Hi, I'd like you to meet my mom." (And she'd get a kick out of it, too.)

Theatre addicts are raised, not born. I didn't fall far from the tree, to put it another way.

So, of course, I want her to see as many of my top ten as possible.

Now instead of scheduling forward, like a normal person, I'm scheduling backward.

Instead of winding down and giving myself breathing room, I'm gonna be cramming them in.

Good thing mom had her knee surgery over Christmas. She's gonna need it.

No comments: