Saturday, July 19, 2003

Friendly Persuasion (3rd in a series)

...or Some Friends' Shows I Know That Are Worth A Look

3 Way
Filthy Whore Productions
Pillsbury House Theater

5 Women On A Hill In Spain
Outward Spiral Theater
Loring Playhouse

3 Way - it apparently started as a bet at a party to create a Fringe show. 3 guys try to sort out their couplings, and socks, the morning after. Sounds kind of like Rashamon on poppers, but what the heck. Nudity warning, naturally. But if I had a short list of actors in the Twin Cities I wouldn't mind seeing naked, John Trones would be on it. Let's face it, he had plenty of practice in "Party" a year or so ago. Very sweet guy, too. Even though he's taking my money, I won't consider him a filthy whore.

5 Women - In talking about established, ongoing theater companies hitting the Fringe, I totally forgot to mention Outward Spiral Theater Company. Eek, major oversight. They do great work and I'm sure this will be no exception. And while I tend to get nervous about plays with lesbian content turning into "Theatre of the Evil P," the cast includes Kate Eifrig, who I just adore. I'd see her in, literally, anything. And you should, too.

No comments: