Thursday, July 10, 2003

If You Held A Gun To My Head (part 2 of 10)

...or, If I Could Only Go To Ten Fringe Shows...

what would they be and why?

Staggering Toward America
Bryant Lake Bowl

The buzz on this show is that the script is simply amazing. A solo 90-minute show from L.A. about a man in search of post 9/11 America that has been hailed as both hilarious and heartwarming.

So if, like me, you're feeling a little strange about the world these days, and our country's place in it - and you don't feel like bombing every nation that looks at you cross-eyed and have run out of people who scare you to throw in prison - well, this might be the place for an intelligent and entertaining respite from the madness.

This one caught my eye when I first saw the initial Fringe listings and I've only gotten more excited about it. Can't wait.

No comments: