Monday, July 14, 2003

It's Only My Opinion

Hey folks, that thing I said about the "theater of me"? It's my own personal prejudice. I said as much. If you like and/or perform autobiographical material, more power to you. I mentioned my bias so you could ignore me in regard to those shows and make up your own mind.

I'm not telling anyone not to see anything. I respect the hard work that goes into a show too much to dismiss anyone's work sight unseen.

I lean toward the familiar. The world of solo shows is relatively foreign to me. Like I said before, consider the source.

Also, if I recommend a storytelling/autobiographical/solo show, then you know it has to have overcome some serious reservations on my part.

Kevin Kling and Tod Petersen (at Illusion Theater) fall into that category.

Take it with the grain of salt with which I titled it, and move on.

Thanks.

No comments: