Thursday, July 31, 2003

Workweek Fringe - Tuesday

August 5, 2003

A slightly lighter evening schedule today...

8:30pm
Beauty and the Beast
Intermedia Arts

Finally, I see Ballet of the Dolls and make up for a gap in my theatregoing resume. And my top ten is complete. (If You Held A Gun To My Head #8, 7/22/2003)

11pm
The Captain and the Dog-faced Boy
Jungle Theater

Got a very nice personal invite from the playwright this afternoon, who I actually knew through a new play reading series I used to run. He also is the writer who collaborated with 15 Head for "Oil on Canvas," so he's been busy. He described Captain/Dog to me as, in its way, very traditional - hints of Shakespeare, Cervantes and Robert Louis Stevenson - and yet there is also an enormous pair of pants that represent pure evil. Hmmm... I'm intrigued.

No comments: