Monday, July 07, 2003

If You Held A Gun to My Head... (part 1 of 10)

...or, If I Could Only Go To Ten Fringe Shows...

what would they be and why?

Baseball, Dogs and Motorcycles
Kevin Kling
Hey City Theater, downstairs

This one's not much of a stretch. It was the first show to cross my mind when the question of 10 and only 10 came up.

Kevin Kling's a great storyteller and a great guy as well.

Spending time in his presence allows me to relax and appreciate life, to laugh at society but especially myself and all the silly things I get hung up on.

The fact that Kevin feels like the Fringe is a community of which he wants to be a part just validates the experience all the more for me. After all, he's not a guy looking for his first break in the entertainment world. He doesn't need to do the Fringe - he wants to.

Above all, after listening to Kevin spin a tale or two, I feel more human, more creatively energized, and feel that the world seems a little more like something I could actually affect for the better.

At just ten bucks, that's not a bargain, it's a steal.

No comments: