Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blogger Comes Up For Air

Got my Fringe press pass the other day, so after taking notes at two Fringe-For-All preview showcases, it seems like it's high time for me to kick this blog into gear.  Apologies for the radio silence.  I've been under the gun with work deadlines and my landlord's newfound interest in apartment inspections and spring cleaning in the middle of summer. 

Many thanks to all of you who sent emails and press releases and photos about your many shows.  They were received and read, though I haven't had the time to respond in kind, I'm afraid.  It'll be good to see old friends both in town and visiting again, and hopefully make some new ones. 

As usual there's way more good theater to see than anyone could humanly manage in this festival.  Given how dejected I was feeling about everything at lottery time when my ping pong ball sunk to the bottom of the cage and refused to surface until the end of the wait list, I like the recent feeling of excitement I've regained about the whole thing. 

Of course Mom is coming to visit for the first week, so we have to plan out all the shows she wants to see, and I'll throw some newbies in the mix for her, too, just to keep things interesting. 

In addition, I have a twitter account this year, so we'll see if that helps or just hopelessly complicates things.  On we go...

No comments: